Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Brilliant Idea!

I've been lurking here a lot recently (Elise is tres artistic and hysterically funny!) and decided to jack this idea, which was jacked from the art journal challenges posted here. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery or something like that, right?!

Since I'm wary of commitment, I don't think I can do a.card.a.day, but since this artistic idea is new and exciting, I've already done a bunch and I just started 3 days ago! Creativity definitely breeds more creativity!

This art, requiring the small palette of a playing card, is quick and easy to create, if I don't think about it too much. (Ooooh, that hurt!) 52 cards in a deck means 1, one, uno, ichi, card to create per week and I might be able to handle that! I've been recording thots, images, interesting advertising, trying to challenge myself. I can't decide if the face value and suits have any particular meaning, I choose them at random, but Elise notes which card she used and I have to be just like her!!! (I'm feeling too, like I should be clever and write a post using playing card terminology, but I'm way too lazy...)

P.S. The Blogger link is named as such...Skosh(i) means a little bit in Japanese. My sistor, when she was very small, called my cousin's dog LissaBit, for Little Bit (otherwise known as Cinder, haha!)

I dare you to try it! You might like it!!!

Enjoy! : .)

No comments: